Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Political Philosophy of a Vengeful Society

Spilt an anthill down the middle and the ants will run downhill both ways. Wipe away the anthill completely with one swipe and they run in all directions on a level plain. Now an anthill may be small to you but to an ant it’s his home. It’s a high rise. What can an ant do to you? Lie down by that anthill and every one of those ants will show you. I never saw the whole as a bunch of ants but then again, I understand the mentality to seek revenge, and I don’t run in any direction, I don’t even notice when my world is swept away. Like that ant I’ll be waiting for you to come back or I’ll bring my anthill to you. Either way, destruction is change and change in this life is but a brief glimpse at the next.

- Chris Mansel

No comments: