Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Cypress Are Touching The Ground

Lost in the century the dream awoke on a train
There were ribbons flying and there was rain
From the everglades to the pacific stormy winds
The airports were shut down by well-armed men

The Mt. Rushmore cliffs went gray under the light
Middle America stood on the front lawns that night
The waters in New Orleans rose from corkscrew heights
The countries work force is moving like ghosts in plain sight

I’ve seen an Alaskan sunset from Canada’s skies
I’ve been asked what have I done with my life
I’ve tried to do good but some wrong has led my hand
Couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t take a stand

Chorus:

The cypress are touching the ground
If they fall it won’t make a sound
The cypress are touching the ground


- Chris Mansel

No comments: